A buddy of mine sent me this video a while back and I meant to throw it in a blog post but forgot. It is called the LifeCycle video put out by the Holstee Manifesto.
"The LifeCycle Film came about as a desire to bring the energy and passion behind the Manifesto to life through something we love--biking. As we seek to live mindful lifestyles that leave a positive impact on the people and world around us, biking has become a passion that is much more than a transportation alternative. It is a way of fully experiencing the city we love and all of its details.
This Film is a celebration. It is a celebration of gatherings, of diversity, of life, and of the beauty of shared experience. We hope you enjoy."
I really dig the last line: "Life is short. Live your dream and share your passion." Too often we are all closed off from each other, always hesitating to share with one another what our dreams and/or passions are in fear of being judged. We live in a society that promotes individuality but will judge unfairly when one expresses who they are. I am guilty of this. I grew up in an especially tight-knit and segregated part of the country, in the heart of New England. I haven't been exposed to a lot of diversity in my life. Here in [insert name of Small Town], MA USA, we tout how diverse we think our area has become. But really, its hardly changed. We only promote diversity if you're white, speak proper English, come from a good family, attend church, go to a good school, etc. You get the drift.
At this point in my life I want to break away from this town, my extended family, and what few friends I have left here. There is this expectation that we all grow up here, go away to school, marry, and come back to live and raise our families here for generations. No-fucking-way dudes. Not happening. I need my space, I need to live my life the way I want to with out my extended family being on back 24/7. A lot of my cousins are already moving away so they can be who they are/want to be without being criticized. Hopefully I will soon be doing the same.
Dream: To create a life for myself that defines the man I am becoming.
- This spring I will be starting my career in real estate.
- To live in Boston, this one could happen today, tomorrow, next week, next month, whenever....it's a matter of me having the balls to make the jump.
- Start taking classes in College as I am unsure of whether or not I want to enroll as a part-time or full-time student.
- Make more friends. I think I'm outgrowing some of my friends and really want to get out there and meet people who are more like-minded.
- Fuck around with another dude. Really wanna meet other gay guys that I'm attracted to and just make friends and screw around a bit. Never had any experience with a dude, this is the year.
- I am also thinking of starting a small line of ties that will be made in the USA and will hopefully start selling them through my long time tailor in Cambridge, MA.
- Dating, boyfriends, marriage, kids. I had a vision the other day. It was of me after coming home from work, sitting in the kitchen with a kid in my lap and three others around the table, and my husband standing there across from me next to one of the counters. It was brief but it felt so right, so peaceful and happy. I couldn't see his face, just his demeanor. I had a great feeling for the few seconds it lasted and hope it was some kind of foreshadowing.
- More than anything I want a marriage like the one my parents had. I am not joking when I say I have never seen a couple have so much respect, love, kindness, and loyalty to one another than my parents. They were best friends and created an awesome life together, my hope is to follow in their footsteps.
Passion: Living how I want to live.
- I can't believe how different my life is from one year ago. I am at a crossroads right now and it is exciting, nerve-racking, confusing, and everything in between. The most important thing is that I am in a good place. I am finding myself and I am going to hit rough patches but I am strong enough to overcome them now. I can finally say I am at a point where I can start forging my own way in life.
So dudes, what is your dream? your passion? You can share or not, but write it down! Goals, dreams (whatever you want to call them), are more powerful when you put them into writing.
Hope everyone's had a great start to 2013
P.S. I just want to say how super-fucking-pumped I am that the Bruins are playing again!! The NHL lockout went on waaayy too long and I'm glad the B's are back and won their first two games!
P.P.S. Ray Lewis, go fuck yourself, you're a bitch. Sorry Ravens fans but, he is what he is (and we all know what that is). All that bs drama after the win on Sunday's game against the Pats was for pure show. Truth. (excuse the negativity)